Replacement double DIN

Discuss any ideas or problems relating to in car entertainment.
RedLiner

Replacement double DIN

Post by RedLiner » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:56 am

My 2005 ML 270 is factory fitted with the clunky Comand 2.0 in car entertainment system.
I want to fit a reversing camera to the car to help parking in awkward spaces rather than wait for the tow hook to bump something ;)

For this Comand 2.0 system I would have to buy an interface module to connect a reversing camera to operate with the Comand 2.0 when reverse is selected and the rear view image to be displayed.
These modules cost from £180 or $235 as well as buying a suitable camera.

It all sounds too much to pay for an upgrade to an ageing MB Comand system.
For a mere £65 or $85 I can buy this cheap Chinese system https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Android-9-0- ... 1438.l2649

There are many more similar spec double DINs at under £100 or $130, so I may buy a better camera and a double DIN module without a camera included.

These units also come with an integrated Navigation system that supports Sygic which is what I have on my phone that came with three users so I can just put in my login. It will be nice to have up to date maps and a touch and voice activated screen rather than the Comand 2.0 clunky A-Z wheel finding out of date maps.
No trees were harmed creating this message, however some electrons were very inconvenienced.

RedLiner

Re: Replacement double DIN

Post by RedLiner » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:28 pm

ON Hold:-

Useless Parcel Service have gone running to the woods...with my new double DIN.
Most other services are operating here in Spain but UPS have just shut up shop.
They don't reply to email and their automated customer service call centre is at best inept.

Other companies are running and helping their customers but these cowards are the worst of the worst.
If you need any urgent medical supplies do not rely on UPS.
Their CEO deserves to be laid up with this virus awaiting for his cowardly company to deliver something and just getting the runaround from his non existent customer service.

Bunch of uncaring bastards :(
No trees were harmed creating this message, however some electrons were very inconvenienced.

rudeney

Post by rudeney » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:26 am

Wow, that's terrible! UPS, FedEX, the post office and Amazon are all running here like normal. They are being careful, dropping packages at the door with no personal contact. If a signature is required, they just ask your name and sign for you.

--

- RODNEY

RedLiner

Post by RedLiner » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:47 pm

At last I managed to collect the double DIN unit. I got UPS to drop it off at the port where we keep our boat.
I'm now fitting it and so far so good.

Return to “Audio and In Car Entertainment”